The installation of lithium battery for a hybrid lead + lithium system for Elívere Solar is almost finished!.
With a mínimum investment they will obtain, among others, benefits such as:
- More energy available.
- Diesel generator usage reduction.
- Power failures reduction.
- Increased service life of the existing lead-acid battery.
Here below some technical data about the current installation, and the results after the optimization:
The solution includes a high-voltage Pylonthech battery solution combined with a bidirectional DC/DC charge and discharge converter.
By including 20% out of the total capacity in lithium batteries, the system can manage to increase the energy storage status by up to 40% in off-grid installations.
It is a plug and play solution that combines bidirectional DC/DC converters with Pylontech LiFePO4 battery modules using a customized control specially designed for the application.
The combination of batteries and converter will be used to increase de solar energy absorption between 50-100% allowing for an increase of daily energy consumption between 50 and 150% depending on weather conditions. The benefits obtained are achieved without drastically increasing the battery bank, solar panel power or space requirements.
Current installation data:
- Solar panels: Peak power 28.3kW
- Existing lead batteries: 1265 Ah at 48V -> 60.7 kWh
- Current average daily consumption: 10 kWh
After optimization installation data:
- Expected future daily consumption after installation: 15-25 kWh
- Hybridization power installed: 4.4 kW
- Lithium battery installed: 16.8 kWh
If you want more information or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.