solutions for industrial applications
Epic power Supercapacitor Converter (ESC) are a family of products based on the epic power non-isolated converter family combined with a custom designed supercapacitor module of 60 kJ
The DC/DC converter is responsible for the power flow to and from the supercapacitor module while the module acts as a high-cycle energy buffer. Depending on the targeted industrial application different firmware can be implemented in the converter. Each configuration leads to a different industrial product:
- Energy recovery (ERS): ESC-60kJ-ERS
- Peak Shaving (PKS): ESC-60kJ-PKS
- Electronic counterweight (ECW): ESC-60kJ-ECW
- Fast Emergency Supply for drives (FES): ESC-60kJ-FES
Working with supercapacitors
- High power density
- > 97 % efficiency
- High life expectancy > 1 Million cycles
- 100 % DoD without degradation
- No maintenance
- Energy stored in potencial > No leakage
- Operation at up to -40 ºC
Supercapacitors provide high peak power with very low energy. DC converters must be able to work with a wide voltage range.
Operation and connections
- Connection to DC link of drive
- Valid for any 230/400 Vac drive
- Automatic operation for ERS and FES
- Bidirectional to charge from mains
- Different uses for drives
- Energy Saving
- Peak cut
- Electronic Counterweight
- Fast emergency supply
Energy Recovery System
a braking energy recovery system, fully compatible with any regenerative applicationcontact us
- Automatically detects when there is generation and absorbs it before the braking resistor does.
- Returns the energy stored in consumption trips or standby.
avoid peak power consumption from the grid using energy storage based on supercapacitorcontact us
- Discharge enabled by external controller when peak cut is required.
- Automatically charges the supercapacitors from mains and braking energy.
Our solutions for drives
Contacta con nosotros
Contacta con nosotros para ampliar información