Rack & pinion, working platforms and personnel and material elevator are examples of machines used in the professional elevation industry. Due to the special operation, lack of space, industrial work and environment conditions, these machines need to be designed for more critical operation than residential or public elevators.
A counterweight is not normally installed thus needing the motor to hoist the whole weight of the cabin and goods without help. This leads to a higher consumption and peak power, special power feeding components and problems in the event of power failure. epic power use the knowledge (in DC/DC converters, batteries and supercapacitors) acquired in residential elevators to provide solutions that improve the operation of these machines.
By including batteries and DC/DC converters in the cabin of the industrial elevator, epic power can achieve the following benefits:
- All or part of the power is mounted in the cabin (Electronic counterweight)
- Reduction in size of diesel generator or power extracted from the mains
- Reduction/removal of the hanging power cable section
- All the braking/generated energy stored to be reused in the future
- In case of power failure, the elevator works at lower speed
By including supercapacitors and DC/DC converters in the cabin of the industrial elevator, epic power can achieve the following benefits:
- Peak power shaving
- Diesel engine working more efficiently
- Part of the braking/generated energy stored to be reused in the future
- In case of power failure, the elevator stops in a more controlled way