DC/DC converters – EPC
EPC systems have shaped the new generation of bidirectional DC/DC Converters. EPCs (Epic Power Converters) are suitable for a large number of applications ranging from industrial ones to those in the field of renewable energies.
Bidirectional high-efficient DC/DC power converters. With a wide range of voltage levels in both sides, the EPCs are capable of managing power in both directions.
Why a bidirectional DC/DC Converter?
As a typical application the low side voltage can be connected to batteries or ultracapacitors to feed any drive (VVVF) directly through the DC link.
This allows the system to continue in operation in case of lack of mains supply. It also allows for off-grid applications where there is no three-phase mains available or, for example, in automatic warehouses when the platforms are moving off-grid.
Features DC DC converter
- Bidirectionality. Managing energy flow in both directions
- Ultra-high efficiency, achieved with silicon carbide transistor technology.
- Scalable with easy paralellization.
- Galvanic isolation.
- Maintains the DC link voltage in the absence of main supply.
- Soft pre-charge of the DC link. Suitable to switch ON and OFF the drive as many times as required in order to save energy and life expectancy of the inverter.
- Automatic change of power flow to stabilize either input or output voltage without stopping voltage regulation.
- CAN communication available to implement voltage or current control and transmit relevant measurements of operation parameters (voltage, power, current, temperatures, etc.).
- Customized versions available upon request.
|isolated||High side Voltage [Vdc]||Low side Voltage [Vdc]||Power per unit [kW]|
|EPC 3k5 648i||✓||510-848||38-59||3.5|
|EPC 5k5 648i||✓||510-848||38-59||5.5|
|EPC 2k2 624i||✓||510-848||19-30||2.2|
|EPC 2k2 348i||✓||280-450||38-59||2.2|
|EPC 2k2 324i||✓||280-450||19-30||2.2|
|EPC 4k8 6125i||✓||430-830||110-165||4.8|
|EPC 7k 670i||✓||510-848||40-80||7|
|EPC 8k 8380i||✓||650-800||280-600||8|
|EPC 50A 835ni||✘||848-85||848-35||up to 40|
|EPC 100A 835ni||✘||848-85||848-35||up to 80|
|EPC ?k? custom||?||?||?||?|
Build your custom converter
If you cannot find a solution that suits your needs, request a quote for a custom converter.
If you prefer you can use our Converter Configurator to request a quote easily.
Download it here!